Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Madman With Beauty


My son is a MADMAN!!! Today someone put crazy juice in his drink. I am not sure who it was, but I'd like to have a long talk with them!

Today is my son's birthday...well, back in the state he was born in the birthday is over, but it is still his birthday here in the Walla Walla Valley. His morning was great. We had fun, he opened presents, he enjoyed some beloved Toy Story 2. We went into town and ate lunch. We visited the toy shop, Inland Octopus (very much a favorite for Linus)...

First visit to the Pacific Ocean


But this afternoon he was on fire, and not a nice warming fire...nope, an all encompassing, crazy beyond control, singe your eyebrows kinda fire. Oh my goodness, my brain was fizzled by the time we got him to bed. I am not sure how many times my voice was raised, but I am certain it was more than I would like. I am not sure how many times things whacked me in the head, arm, etc., but I am sure it was more than anyone would like. I am not sure how many times Linus took a drawer, bin, puzzle, whatever and threw the pieces far and wide. It was like 12,000 continuous tornadoes crashed through our living room and beyond. By the time it got close to bedtime, I had Steve put him to bed...I was too worn out, I just couldn't do it. But as soon as my little guy was in his room for the night, I regretted not putting him to bed. I hadn't read him his nightly stories or given him his special goodnight kiss. Maybe some will think it's silly, but I felt sad not being able to do those things. Just now, I snuck into his room and gave him a kiss goodnight. It left me with a sense of comfort that only your child safe in his bed can give you.

I am blessed by this little madman. Mad and crazy and wild as he may be, he is my little madman...And I have known him for only 2 years and I can't wait to know him for a zillion more!!!

44 minutes of being 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment