Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waterfalls, Sad Goodbyes, and Preparing For New Digs

This past weekend, we had so much fun. We finally made the jaunt to Palouse Falls, taking my mother along for the expedition. It was so beautiful and so worth the drive. We just marvelled at the beauty and enjoyed the sound of the water beating the stone beneath it. Watched as it carved a passage into the basalt. It was wonderful.

Looking forward to seeing the waterfall, enjoying the ride
Linus, Steve, and Mamaw on the way to the lookout
I wish I had got a picture of Linus' face as he viewed the falls for the first time. He was simply blown away. His reaction made the moment, looking at the waterfall, seem more powerful. I saw it through his eyes. My Mom was so excited to be there and seeing a marvel of nature, which all waterfalls are.
Linus taking it all in...

Mamasita at Palouse Falls
Palouse Falls
If you look closely, you can see Steve and Linus walking across the top of the ridge
Beautiful Sagebrush
We had such a wonderful time. I enjoyed having my mother here so very much and wished I could keep her here. When I dropped my mother off to get on the plane back to Kentucky early (very early) on Tuesday morning, I felt like we were being swept back into the normalcy of life. And while I was beyond sad to say goodbye to my mother, I was looking forward to getting back to life as just a little family.

And within this fantastic normalcy we get to create a new world for ourselves in a new home. We sign a new lease on Friday afternoon for a home just a few miles down the road. Yet it seems a world away. It will be a new place and a new start. It's always a new start and a new chance to make things even more beautiful for yourself and your family. Isn't it fabulous how life gives us these chances!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment