Monday, March 14, 2011

Mamasita in the House

i just never really thought i would have my mom here to see where i live 2300 miles from her. but, alas, on march 8th my mom arrived and i feel so blessed to have her here! it has been a surreal experience, showing her all that my new home has to offer. and i am already dreading the day i am going to have to say farewell again for a short while...these days, months and months of time feel like a short while between visits with family and friends back east. 

having some truffle ganache

fun times with bowls

watching some tv with mamaw

we've already had so much fun, between making up truffles, baking a mandarin orange cake, and enjoying some savory pot roast, we couldn't be more full of smiles and laughter and joy. i love being able to be the mom in the house and showing my mother how i cook, clean, and care for my family. and it makes me feel wonderful that she thinks i do a fantastic job. it makes me smile a mile wide.

attacked by the sticker monster

feeding oswald...a big fat no-no

spending some time with daddy at a friend's 1st birthday party

covered in ketchup...he loves his ketchup!

i've also been enjoying the fact that i have been able to take my mom around town and introduce her to my friends and show her my favorite spots. she got to go with us to a friend's son's 1st birthday party. it was wonderful to have her there with us!!! we are also enjoying such mundane, but super fun, activities as our afternoon dance parties and sticker mania and coloring and gluing and painting. the happy times just never end. and it has been a blessing having my mom here, as well, because she has helped renew my joy in watching my son play and grow and develop. sometimes we lose sight of what is important and beautiful in this world. i feel like i have been reminded lately and i feel like a new person because of this. of course i still have my tough moments and hard emotions, but they are hugged in by a layer of happy these days.

our family has been through a lot in the past few months...heck, in the past year...and i feel like we might finally be heading down a path toward normalcy and contentment.


No comments:

Post a Comment