Friday, May 28, 2010

Luck of the draw, I guess...

So, here I am on a lazy Friday afternoon. I can hear Linus rustling over the monitor, naps almost over. I just got done doing just a little bit of cleaning and rearranging, always find it cathartic. Thinking about things, what has happened, what hasn't happened yet, how I have ended up in this place. All in all, I am a DAMN LUCKY gal!!! I mean, I now live in one of the safest spots in the U.S. (somebody knock on wood), I am married to a wonderful man who lives to take care of myself and our son, I have a beautiful little boy who may be the easiest child (though it scares me how that could change in the blink of an eye... :-)...). We are doing well. We are certainly far from rich. We, like most, have our money issues. But we handle them and work on them together. I have wonderful friends and family. I mean, how the heck lucky am I.

But here is what we have been up to lately. Getting used to Walla Walla still. Had a date night for only the third time since Linus was born (babysitter to work out pretty good). We just got tickets to head back to Michigan this summer (Hell Yeah!!!). And we just visited Portland, our favorite city ever. Fun, fun!!! Linus seemed to like Portland as well. We even got the chance to take him by Multnomah Falls. (When we got home we figured out that we had been at the falls on July 20, 2007, a day shy of two years from Linus' birth. Who knew then what we had in store.)

Here's Linus snoozing in the hotel in Portland.

We have Memorial Day weekend to look forward to now. Thinking about grilling, sitting back, maybe doing some hiking. It should be nice. (Of course, I should probably also think about getting some stuff done around the house...like finishing the unpacking...We'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment